If you have visited launched Aeon Timeline or visited our website in the past 24 hours, you may have noticed that version 1.1 has just been released.
Aeon Timeline version 1.1 is free for all existing Aeon Timeline customers. This is a significant update that provides the following new functionality.
A few highlights:
- External Links: Add links to files stored externally from the timeline. Display images directly on the timeline. Open any linked file from directly inside Aeon Timeline using QuickLook or their default application. Use Aeon Timeline as a central hub for other time related information and research.
- New Timeline Styles: Version 1.1 introduces new timeline styles to go along with the existing standard date/time format. Use year-only calendars spanning anything from centuries to millions of years. Use relative formats to create timeline events that occur on dates like “Monday, Week 5” or “Day 4, 11:00am”. Use the time-only format to create short-duration timelines for movie planning or emergency response.
- Event Precision and Duration: Decide what precision to use for each event individually.Omit time of day, day of month, or month of year. Directly enter a duration for an event instead of always calculating an end date.
- Printing and Exporting: Image exporting has been improved, and printing has been added, so you can capture exactly what is displayed on the screen.
And too many other changes including a “completed” property for events, the ability to measure the distance between events, improved timeline settings and additional display options.
We have updated our videos section to provide a video introducing the main features listed above, as well as posting public links to other videos we have made in the last year.
Links to help get you started with the new version:
- What’s New in Version 1.1: http://www.scribblecode.com/version_1_1.html
- Version 1.1 Videos: http://www.scribblecode.com/videos.html
To upload, choose “Check for Updates…” from inside the Aeon Timeline application, or download it directly from our website: http://www.scribblecode.com/ As always, a free trial is available for 20-days of actual use before you commit to purchasing.
Note to AppStore customers: Version 1.1 is coming to the AppStore as a free update too once it is approved by Apple’s review team.